Signs & Plaques
Wholesale Sign Prices for Retailers and Resellers
We sell Wood , HDU and metal-coated (bronze, brass, copper, silver-nickel, aluminum) signs at wholesale prices to retailers (sign shops, design studios, sign integrators, installers, and general contractors) all over the US and Canada.Worried about shipping costs? Don't, because we buy all our heavy sign materials (HDU, wood, paint) locally and therefore do not have to pay shipping costs that other manufacturers in the MidWest or East Coast do, so our lower prices usually compensate for possibly higher shipping costs..we ship by UPS Ground or common freight for large signs, up to 24 ft wide and 10 feet high..
If you are looking for retail signs, please go to our Home page by clicking on the far left top dark gray tab. Call us at 951-698-8484 or EMAIL us at info@ArtSignWorks.com for more information.
To: President/Owners/Marketing Managers of Sign Shops, Design Studios, Sign Retail Stores or Sales Agents/Brokers
Are you interested in increasing your net income without any additional investment or cash flow problems? Are you looking for a manufacturer for high-end carved wood & HDU signs? You may be interested in our offer presented on this page.
Art SignWorks is a specialized custom wood and High Density Urethane (HDU) sign manufacturing company located in Southern California. We make CNC routed, sandblasted and hand-carved and cut-out appliqued 2.5-D, 3-D (three-dimensional), and engraved (incised) signs, from simple single-level sandblasted signs to high-end 3-D complex carved signs with sculptures. We presently have a successful Southern California and a National internet retail business, and are currently expanding our wholesale business to sign shops, sign retailers and brokers, and sign design studios in the US and Canada who do not have the in-house capability of manufacturing wood and HDU signs, or are dissatisfied with their present supplier. Although we generally sell finished signs (painted or naturally finished), we also will sell unfinished signs (we carve, you paint or stain and clearcoat ) at wholesale prices to retailers, at a little more than half the price of finished signs, depending on sign type and complexity. We also sell both custom and standard wood and wrought iron aluminum sign posts, bases, finials, scroll brackets, hangers, frames, with hardware attachments, to make it easy for you to install the signs. Our complete signs come as an easy to assemble kit, with all fasteners and instruction sheet. We offer low wholesale prices on high-quality signs and plaques.
All of our High-Density-Urethane (HDU) signs have a special primer put on the entire sign before painting. We use the finest materials available to make our signs and plaques. We use 20 lb/ft3 and 30 lb/ft3 Precision Board HDU for our signs and plaques, depending in the application.We have evolved from 15 lb/ft3 HDU (which nearly all other sign manufacturers use), to improve our precision on fine details, to add strength, and increase lifetime. We use two part Matthews Polyurethane paint (MAP)(an automotive quality paint) and 1-Shot Sign enamels for color, and all signs receive 2 coats of Matthews clearcoat polyurethane for extra protection from UV and graffiti.
We use California Redwood (clear heart A grade) or premium Western Red Cedar panels that use edge glued strips under high pressure hydraulic machines. We also make African Mahogany, maple, Black Walnut, and Red Oak plaques and signs using furniture grade hardwood. For very large orders of multiple signs or large signs (over 50ft2 total signage area), there are substantial discounts . Call us for competitive pricing. These are among the lowest prices offered in the US.
We offer both basic and advanced artistic capabilities that most discount sandblast sign manufacturers do not have, such as:
- Outstanding customer service. A customer rep will be assigned to work directly with you to make sure your requirements are met and you know the status of the sign you have ordered.
- Developing or enhancing the sign design if it is not supplied. You do NOT have to provide cut-ready vector files (e.g., Illustrator or EPS); however, we will "Build-to-print" if you do supply them.
- Carving 3-D art and letters with our two large table (10 x 5 ft) CNC routers. We have a huge library of software to carve intricate and beautiful 3-D bas-relief sculptures we can put on signs) (See Product Line 2)
- Hand-carved or CNC router carved custom 3-D sculpture appliques (see Product Line 2)
- V-carved and beveled/rounded raised letters of any font style
- Gold, silver and copper-leaf gilded letters, art, borders and backgrounds (see Product Line 7)
- Bronze, brass, copper, silver-nickel, stainless steel, aluminum and iron metal coatings on any 2.5-D or 3-D carved HDU sign. These can have darkened patina or verdi coatings , or bright hi-polish finishes (see Product Line 7)
- Textured backgrounds with complex carvings (using the CNC routers) (See Product Line 2)
- Artist oil-brush and air-brush paintings, for either 2.5-D flat-relief or 3-D carved art
- Elaborate and intricate borders and flourishes (See Product Line 2)
- Multi-level and built-up laminated signs with overlays (See Product Line 2 and 5)
- Fine furniture-grade hardwood signs using Mahogany, Cherry , Maple, Alder, Walnut and Oak, in addition to Redwood , Cedar, and Douglas Fir (See Product Line 3)
- Aged, antiqued, scorched, and rustic wood signs using 100 yr old vintage barn-wood and proprietary finishing techniques.(See Product Line 3) .
- Precision small-scale engraving on wood, HDU, glass or metal using a laser engraver.
- Composite and hybrid signs, using several of the above techniques plus digitally printed vinyl appliques with clear coat finish(See Product Line 2)
- Precision cutting of complex 2-D shapes on aluminum or iron sheet metal, using a waterjet CNC cutter (See Product Lines 4 and 7)
- Wrought iron and aluminum posts, frames and scroll brackets, custom made to fit a sign (See Product Line 4)
- Wood posts, decorative carved finials and bases, laterals, and EPS monument sign bases (See Product Line 6).
We offer most of these additional features at wholesale prices only slightly higher than the prices that discount sandblasted sign-makers charge for basic 2.5-D signs. If you have a complex design that you want made, we are the company that can do it, at a very reasonable price. If you can describe it or draw it, we can build it!!
We presently supply our products on a wholesale basis to approximately 250 sign shops, designers, brokers, marketing firms, branding integrators, and general contractors in the US, including many independent sign companies, as well as franchise stores such as Signs by Tomorrow, FAST SIGNS, Sign-a-Rama and SignWorld. We offer fast response, and can usually guarantee 4 to 6 week turnaround. Some examples of our signs are shown in the photo above and on the rest of this website, www.ArtSignWorks.com (You can click on the "Home" for an overview of the company and products, or the "Product Gallery" tab top left of this page, or any of the Galleries with light gray tabs in the lower left margin).
You can also download our 57 page catalog in PDF format, by clicking on the link below. The catalog shows about 10% of the most popular signs in our 45 Galleries, about 650 signs. This Catalog can be saved, printed, or viewed in a slide show mode by clicking on "View - Full Screen Mode" on the Adobe Reader tool bar. There are no prices listed in the Catalog, because price depends on size and every sign or plaque can be ordered in many different custom sizes and design variations.
If you are an established sign retailer, please consider selling our sign products under your brand. You can order signs or plaques based any of the 600 designs shown in our Catalog, or the 7000 designs on our website (customized for your customer), or you can use your own designs and provide files in EPS or AI vector format.
Your Profit Margins
We provide a quote on a sign-by-sign or order-by-order basis, which you will mark up with your costs and profit margins before you submit your bid to the customer. We will provide you our standard wholesale price list for different sign designs on a separate enclosure and you can type your own marked-up prices with your own logo, etc. We have no "suggested retail price" but most retailer mark up our wholesale prices by 30% to 100%, plus their own costs, if any.. Your clients will not see the words "Art SignWorks" or our website address; feel free to add your logo on the Powerpoint or PDF Catalog we will provide you; you can then print this modified catalog with your logo if you wish. You can download a PDF version of this Catalog by clicking on the link "Wholesale Catalog" below the next paragraph.
We will provide you; (1) a 57 page Catalog of our signage products in both Powerpoint and high-resolution PDF in electronic format; (2) this Catalog in hard copy; (3) a small HDU sample that shows various carving and sandblasted styles; (4) a desktop display advertising carved and "Dimensional Signs & Plaques"; (5) a handbook on suggestions on best to sell carved dimensional signs and answers to common questions. This is all free of charge to you; you do not even have to pay postage. You can download Items (1) and (5) in PDF format by clicking on the links below.
Typical gross mark-ups from our wholesale price to your retail price is 30% to 50%; some retailers mark up our products 100% or more. You can retail these at 30% to 50% markup in most areas and still be price-competitive with local vendors (if any) with comparable quality products.
We can do the production/enhanced design ; any sign shape; edge routing; multiple borders; any fonts; engraved or raised letters; deep-cut CNC routing with a smooth or textured background; elaborate and detailed 3-D carved appliques or insets from our library; multi-level sandblasting with some hand-carving of art if required; multi-color painting including sample matching.You do NOT have to supply machine-ready vector art; we will produce it if necessary, whereas other wholesale sandblast sign suppliers require you to supply production vector art. These prices also include CNC carving with our two 5x10 ft high-speed router tables, which can produce a much more dramatic 3-D depth effect (1 to 1.5 in) and intricate carved or engraved letters and artwork, that sandblasting (0.25 to 0.5 in) alone cannot achieve. We provide custom quality 3-D carved signs for only slightly higher prices that "sandblast mill" discount companies sell their "plain vanilla" signs for.
Our Design & Manufacturing Capability
We produce high-quality sandblasted, engraved, and hand-carved wood and HDU signs in our state-of-the art design and manufacturing factory. Our design computer programs include Adobe Illustrator CS5, Photoshop, Aspire 2.5 3-D Modeling, a large library of Vector 3D clipart, and V-Carve Pro 3D software. We have very capable SOA woodworking and paint shops, with a high capacity sand blast booth and a paint spray and airbrush booth that can handle 15 ft signs, two large-table (10 ft x 5 ft) CNC routers, several saws, a drill press, a planer,a large belt sander, small powered tools, and hand carving and painting tools. We also have a complete wrought iron manufacturing capability (cutting, bending, drilling, welding, and coating) and make both steel and wood sign hangers and support structures. We have the capability of producing over 100 medium and large signs per week. We have a warranty on all our signs for 2 years and guarantee your satisfaction on the delivered products (including shipping ) - you have no risk as the retailer except for specification errors in the drawings or other info you send to us.
Proposed Business Relationship
- You need make no investment nor do you have to carry any inventory.
- . We charge no fees; everything we supply to you is free (except our signs!). We provide you a sample HDU sandblasted sign, a catalog, a handbook, a table display, and a wholesale price list.
- You need make no commitment as to minimum sales nor do you have to sign any contract. You might sell zero signs, or 50 signs per year; if you sell more than $10,000 (our prices) of our signs in a year, we will reduce our wholesale price by 5% compared to our standard price for the next year.
- No special advertising is required; that is up to you.
- We do not require exclusivity; If you want to work with other wood or HDU sign manufacturers on a given sign, that is OK with us. However, you cannot use any of ArtSignWork's designs in the website in that case; all of our sign designs are the intellectual property of Art SignWorks, Inc.
- Every sign is a stand-alone deal. Your commitment is our commitment if our standard designs are used. We honor our schedule commitments (typically 2 weeks plus shipping) You can terminate our relationship at any time for any reason by simply not ordering more signs.
- Positive cash flow. No upfront or down payment on most signs (except for very large orders), but full payment is due upon delivery to you. We require a valid credit card be on file with us at the time of your first order so we can charge it the day we ship your sign(s).
- Low marketing cost in carrying our product lines ; no special equipment is required. Additional advertising is up to you but is generally not necessary; just add "sandblasted signs", "engraved wood signs", "carved wood signs", and "wrought iron hangers" onto your list of products in your normal advertising.
- We guarantee our products. If our products fall below professional standards in workmanship or we make an error, we of course will either fix the product, replace it, or refund your money. We have a two year warranty on all our products.
Improve Your Bottom-Line
This is a great opportunity for you to add hundreds of attractive, below market-priced products to your portfolio at no cost, no risk, positive cash flow, and minimal impact on your operations. Many of our retail partners sell one to four signs/month, with an average order sale price of $1000. For design studios and sign companies with larger signage contracts (e.g., hotels, apartment and condo complexes, community colleges, resorts, etc), we supply quotes on build-to-print basis the signs you want, and you can integrate and install the signage or component parts. If you charge the client for sign design, this cost will be covered, or we will do the design and supply proofs to you for our standard signs. There is no down side, you have no fixed overhead associated with these products. If no one ever buys a dimensional wood sign, your expenses are basically zero other than any special advertising you may do. For more information, or to receive a wholesale price list, catalog, sales brochure, and HDU sign sample, please call or email us (given below). We will need your resale certificate. Our main Office Number is (951) 698-8484, our Fax is 951-698-9088. Ask for Christie or Regina. You can email us info@ArtSignWorks.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Art SignWorks, Inc. 41785 Elm Street, Suite 302, Murrieta, CA 92562